Sunday, April 10, 2005

Day 2 - Boston to Danby, VT

Woke Molly up at 9:15 AM. Got lost several times trying to get out of town, wanting to see downtown Boston, Cambridge and Harvard University. Saw some of each, then had to use GPS to finally make it to highway 2. Highway 2 west to I-91; I-91 north to Brattleboro, Vt; highway 30 west to Manchester, Vt; highway 7 north to Danby.

Staying at Silas Griffith Inn. Carol is very friendly -- she knows we are her ein part because of Crosby ancestry. She has asked other locals of locations, and draws map of local interest points -- cemeteries, etc.

Lovely room. Molly and I are the only ones in the carriage house.

Nearby is Crosby Hardware. Also Nichols General Store. Are these relatives?

I spent some time walking and driving around.

Molly and I drive for pizza in Manchester.